Check out the HIF Facebook Page
Follow HIF on Twitter
Watch videos from HIF on YouTube.
Back to the home page.
Search the artist database.
Your chance to win is a click away.
Get a free song every week.
Want a free song every week?
Sign up now
Philadelphia: The City of Brotherly Love. The year was 1682 when English Quaker, William Penn coined his settled land with the motto. His vision was that the area would become a place where anyone of any color or background or belief could live...
Philadelphia: The City of Brotherly Love. The year was 1682 when English Quaker, William Penn coined his settled land with the motto. His vision was that the area would become a place where anyone of any color or background or belief could live together in peace and harmony, and ultimately brotherly love. It seems there could be no better-suited place then for the birth of a band called mewithoutYou.
“The one thing that we all agreed on before we started writing this album was the idea of ‘helping and healing,’” explains guitarist Mike Weiss of the band’s new album, “Catch For Us the Foxes.” “I’ll be happy if someone listens to it and feels a sense of hope in their life in some small strange way.”
The five members of mewithoutYou don’t just poetically style their ideals to music; They live these ideals out amongst the masses. A dimly lit stage covered with floral blossoms sets the mood for what will become an energetic, destructive, and exhausting performance. Lead singer Aaron Weiss flails himself about the stage, changing moods from joy to frustration, taking the intrigued crowd on his personal roller coaster of emotions, but all the while vocally extending his message of love. “We all need each other,” Weiss states simply.
The world was first introduced to mewithoutYou in the summer of 2002 with their critically acclaimed debut release, “[A‡B] LIFE. Drawing quick comparisons to artistic masterminds like At the Drive-In and Interpol, the album set the standard for what was to come from the gifted group. Now with the completion and October 2004 release of their newest full-length project, “Catch For Us the Foxes,”produced by Brad Wood (Fire Theft, Smashing Pumpkins, Pete Yorn), fans will get a chance to witness the obvious growth to this album from the last. With their insatiable knack for writing both engaging lyrics and music, mewithoutYou have created an anomaly: a record worthy of both thought and dance.
“What you will hear with this new record are a lot of new textures both vocally and with our instruments,” Mike Weiss notes. “There are songs that we wrote two years ago right after [A‡B] LIFE was released and songs that came together a week or two before we left for the studio. It really covers a lot of different phases that we moved in and out of over the past two years. All the songs share Aaron’s amazing way of writing lyrics though, and the almost blind passion that we get out of performing.”
Their performances have become so intriguing, in fact, that over the course of the past two years, mewithoutYou have gained a reputation for beginning tours as an opening band and working their way up to the headlining position. Audiences come in hopes of not just mere entertainment, but something deeper, something thought provoking.
And in the end, nearly everything mewithoutYou stands for can be taken back to that simple vision of love and harmony William Penn visualized for the community he helped create. “The first song, ‘Torches Together,’ I wrote it mostly after coming home from the Bruderhof, a community living in New York,” lead vocalist Aaron Weiss states, “To love your neighbor as yourself is the most important thing in all the world.”
7/31/2006 - Listen to a Brand New mewithoutYou Song TUESDAY 8/1
mewithoutYou's new album "Brother, Sister," hits stores everywhere and online on September 26th. But, you can listen to a new song off the album this coming Tuesday (8/1) at 12:01am EST! The song will be posted on their Myspace page, seen
one minute after midnight on Tuesday morning EST!
2/14/2006 - mewithoutYou's Aaron Weiss Interviewed on mtvu.com
Catch an interview with Aaron Weiss of mewithoutYou on mtvU. Aaron shares his thoughts on music, his influences, and more. Following this link will take you off hearitfirst.com and onto mtvu.com:
Read the interview
There are currently no videos available for this artist
1. Messes Of Mem - Track not available
2. The Dryness And The Rain - Track not available
3. Wolf Am I! (And Shadow) - Track not available
4. Yellow Spider - Track not available
5. A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains - Track not available
6. Nice And Blue (Pt. Two) - Track not available
7. The Sun And The Moon - Track not available
8. Orange Spider - Track not available
9. C-Minor - Track not available
10. In A Market Dimly Lit - Track not available
11. O, Porcupine - Track not available
12. Brownish Spider - Track not available
13. In A Sweater Poorly Knit - Track not available
Catch For Us The Foxes
1. Torches Together - Track not available
2. January 1979 - Track not available
3. Tie Me Up! Untie Me! - Track not available
4. Linear - Track not available
5. Disaster Tourism - Track not available
6. Seven Sisters - Track not available
7. The Soviet - Track not available
8. Paper-Hanger - Track not available
9. My Exit, Unfair - Track not available
10. Four Letter Word Pt. Two - Track not available
11. Carousels - Track not available
12. Son Of A Widow - Track not available
A To B Life
1. Bullet To Binary - Track not available
2. The Ghost - Track not available
3. Nice & Blue - Track not available
4. Everything Was Beautiful & Nothing Hurt - Track not available
5. (A) - Track not available
6. Gentlemen - Track not available
7. Be Still, Child - Track not available
8. We Know Who Our Enemies Are - Track not available
9. I Never Said That I Was Brave - Track not available
10. (B) - Track not available
11. Silencer - Track not available
12. The Cure For Pain - Track not available
© 2013 HEAR IT FIRST