20 Christian Quotes from the Duggar Family
Since the Duggar family came into the spotlight in 2008 with their show “19 Kids and Counting” on TLC, they have garnered both faithful viewers and critics. Their beliefs and methods of parenting are far different than many families in America. Countless people have followed the family in awe as they learn how a family of 19 kids (with three grandchildren from Josh and Anna Duggar) manages sanity, daily routines and even family trips. Michelle and Jim Bob have been married for 29 years and have gained a lot of wisdom over the years.
Here are 20 Christian quotes from the Duggar family.
"The Truth": Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
20. “No sleep can be any better than getting to have that time with your kids.” - Michelle Duggar
19. “Some of the greatest moments are made, even though you wouldn’t choose to go through them, from the hard times.” - Michelle Duggar
18. "You never know when a kind deed you for someone will make a big difference in that person's life. It might seem like a small thing to you - like giving someone a free haircut - but it could be something big for the other person. Every talent God gives us, we use to honor him." - Jim Bob Duggar after a neighbor gave him renewed confidence with a good haircut.
17. " ...we should owe no one anything but love." - Jim Bob Duggar referring to their debt-free lifestyle.
16. "I tell our children over and over 'You can gain all kinds of training, but no matter what skills and talents you possess, if you do these two things you'll be successful: first, love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and second, love your neighbor as yourself.' If our children learn those two things while they're under my tutelage, then I've been successful. And they will be too." - Michelle Duggar about teaching her children through homeschooling.
15. “I think what’s so interesting and amazing about parents is that I really believe God gives moms and dads the ability that no one else has to understand instinctively their children’s needs.” - Michelle Duggar
14. “Be an energy giver, not an energy taker.” - Michelle Duggar
13. “Love really, truly multiplies—it doesn't divide. When you have more people in the family, there is that many more people to spread love all around!” Jill Duggar
12. “Diligently keep up with each child’s attitudes and actions, and ask what is going on in their heart. Pray with them one-on-one, letting them lead in prayer and then you closing the prayer time together.” - Jim Bob and Michelle
11. “Ask God to help you conquer anger because it can destroy your relationship with your children.” - Jim Bob and Michelle
10. “Praise your children ten times more than you correct them.” - Jim Bob and Michelle
9. In reference to keeping the lines of communication open, Michelle Duggar says, “Pulling out the kids that don’t talk as much is really important, giving them that time and that space. Then if they share, giving them the time to talk and just listen.”
8. “The closer a husband and wife get to God, the closer they get to each other. The farther away they get from God, the farther they get from each other.” - Jim Bob Duggar
7. “Learn to listen to the heart of your wife, and allow her to communicate her concerns and dreams with you on a daily basis.” - Jim Bob Duggar
6. "... show me your friends, and I'll show you your future." - Jim Bob's mom to him when he was a little boy.
5. “I respect my children...and I expect them to respect others.” - Michelle Duggar
4. “Do all things without grumbling or complaining.” - Michelle Duggar
3. “I just tell my kids to gain as many life skills as they can as they go along. You'll never regret gaining that knowledge and understanding - whether you're going to do that for a living may not be the goal.” - Michelle Duggar
2. “Sincerity is being as genuine on the inside as we appear to be on the outside.” - Michelle Duggar
1. “You know, time really is our friend. We want to use our time wisely, because that is our greatest resource that God entrusts to us.” - Michelle Duggar
What do you think of the Duggar family? The actions of the kids are a big reflection on how they were raised. We only know what we see on the show and hear in the news, but I have only heard good things about this family. As a mother I see a lot of wisdom in how Michelle and Jim Bob work together and deal with the needs of their many blessings.