Warren Wiersbe Quotes: Top 20 List
Dr. Warren Wiersbe has written more than 150 books including commentaries on every book of the Bible. His personal library includes thousands and thousands of books as well. He is an American pastor and Bible teacher and also spends much time speaking at conferences. With all this writing and speaking I was sure to find many quotes by him.
Here is my top 20 list of Warren Wiersbe quotes:
20. The world changes - circumstances change, we change - but God's Word never changes
"The Truth": “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
19. One thing about change hasn't changed: it still fascinates some people, frightens others, and provides a good living for a prophetic minority.
18. Pressure on the outside should make us bigger on the inside.
17. We have little control over the circumstances of life. We can't control the weather or the economy, and we can't control what other people say about or do to us. There is only one area where we have control--we can rule the kingdom inside. The heart of every problem is the problem in the heart.
"The Truth": “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9)
16. Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory.
15. Bumps are the things we climb on.
14. Real contentment must come from within. You and I can not change or control the world around us, but we can change and control the world within us.
13. Opposition is not only evidence that God is blessing, but it is also an opportunity for us to grow.
12. Some of your greatest blessings come with patience.
11. When it seems as if God is far away, remind yourself that He is near. Nearness is not a matter of geography. God is everywhere. Nearness is likeness. The more we become like the Lord, the nearer He is to us.
"The Truth": “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” (James 4:8)
10. Remember, your worth is founded in Jesus Christ.
9. Let the trials of life make you a giant, not a midget.
8. God has a purpose for trials and testings.
7. Those times when you feel like quitting can be times of great opportunity, for God uses your troubles to help you grow.
6. Let God enlarge you when you are going through distress. He can do it. You can't do it, and others can't do it for you.
"The Truth": And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
5. Life's trials are not easy. But in God's will, each has a purpose. Often He uses them to enlarge you.
4. We do not understand and then obey: that is instruction. We obey by faith, and then we understand: that is illumination.
3. The most miserable prison in the world is the prison we make for ourselves when we refuse to show mercy.
2. If you take care of yourself and walk with integrity, you may be confident that God will deal with those who sin against you. Above all, don't give birth to sin yourself; rather, pray for those who persecute you. God will one day turn your persecution into praise.
1. The local church is espoused to Christ, but there is always the danger of that love growing cold. Like Martha, we can be so busy working for Christ that we have no time to love Him. Christ is more concerned about what we do with Him than for Him. Labor is no substitute for love. To the public, the Ephesian church was successful; to Christ, it had fallen.
Reading Warren Wiersbe’s works provides great learning. Sifting through his writings and choosing just 20 quotes was great fun. Do you have a favorite that I have not included? Share it in the comments below.