20 Great Quotes About Faith in Movies
Faith always seems to be on the mind of many people, whether they understand what it is or not. In numerous movies, and even books for that matter, faith is often an important theme that pops up in some way or another. Sometimes it comes in the form of faith in human goodness, that a seemingly impossible situation will work out for good, or even about spiritual matters. Regardless, it is clear that faith is a topic many people are interested in, so it’s great to explore the ways different movies portray it. The following is a list of twenty great quotes about faith in movies. As they’re being read, be sure to compare everything with what the Bible says about faith!
20. “All you have to do is believe, then you will see everything” – The Lego Movie
19. “People have to believe in something” – Rango
18. “The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible” – Alice in Wonderland
17. “What we believe changes what we perceive” – Heaven is For Real
16. “Faith is believing something when common sense tells you not to” – Miracle On 34th Street
15. “Only a real risk can test the reality of a belief” – God’s Not Dead
14. “Your actions will always follow your beliefs” – Facing the Giants
13. “It isn’t about dedication and loyalty, it’s about belief in what we do” – The Good Shepherd
12. “Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?” – King Arthur
11. “Faith is not about having the right answers. Faith is a feeling, faith is a hunch—a hunch that there is something bigger connecting us all” – Keeping the Faith
10. “In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.” – The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
9. “We speak today because we have a living hope. Death is no respecter of persons. Death is no respecter of youth. Death is a painful intruder and a pernicious reminder of our human condition. But I stand before you today to declare that we have a living hope and that causes us to rejoice greatly. You see, our hope today is found in the fact that Jesus is no longer entombed. He lives.” – Courageous
8. “I'd say he's been at work all around you. You just haven't realized it. You haven't exactly given him an open invitation.” – Fireproof
7. “What would you sacrifice for what you believe?” –Thor: The Dark World
6. “"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has." – World War Z.
5. “It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.” – The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
4. “but he's got the faith of a child” – It’s A Wonderful Life
3. “All it takes is faith and trust” – Peter Pan
2. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true” – Cinderella
1. "Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what’s outside, but what’s inside that counts” – Aladdin
There is numerous times where faith, or the inference of faith, is brought up in movies. They are not always in agreement with what the Bible says about faith, yet that is what makes watching movies as a Christian more fun; Christians can compare everything they read, watch, and listen to with the Word of God. So, which quotes do you think line up with Scripture, and which ones do you think are off the mark?