Amy Grant Puts New Spin On Old Hits With First Career Remix Album In Motion: The Remixes, Set to Release August 19
Six-time GRAMMY® Award winner Amy Grant has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, with numerous singles landing on Top 40 charts, and now she is bringing new life to some of her biggest hits with her first career remix album In Motion: The Remixes, set to release on August 19. The album will feature a collection of Amy's biggest songs, remixed by well known remix engineers and DJs. With hits like “Baby Baby,” “Every Heartbeat,” and “That’s What Love Is For,” Amy's first career remix album brings a new sound to the songs that have defined her three-decade career.
In Motion: The Remixes will be available for pre-order on July 22. When fans pre-order the album, they will instantly receive the song "Baby, Baby," remixed by GRAMMY®-nominated producer, DJ and remixer, Dave Audé. The original version of the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 Chart for two consecutive weeks in 1991.
On Monday, Billboard exclusively premiered the remixed version of "Baby, Baby," which can be heard below.
"Remixing 'Baby, Baby' has definitely been one of the highlights of my career," Audé said. "I loved this song when it was released in 1991, and I still love hearing it today; you can't say that about many records 23 years later. 'Baby, Baby' has crossed genres, and I'm hoping my remix will add yet another genre to this timeless classic."
"I never could have anticipated that these songs from an earlier chapter in my life could be filled with such renewed energy and fresh production," remarked Grant. "I am humbled and honored that these amazingly talented producers have leant their gifts to my songs. They have given me reason to want to get up and dance again!"
Grant personally announced the project, via her YouTube page:
Having earned three multi-platinum albums, six platinum albums and four gold albums along with ten Top 40 pop singles and seventeen Top 40 Adult Contemporary tracks as well as a string of Contemporary Christian chart-toppers, Amy had no shortage of hits to choose from for the remix album.
In Motion: The Remixes
1. That’s What Love Is For (Amy Grant Featuring Chris Cox) Radio Edit
2. Stay For Awhile (Amy Grant Featuring Tony Moran and Warren Rigg) Radio Mix
3. You’re Not Alone (Amy Grant Featuring Guy Scheiman) Radio Edit
4. Every Heartbeat (Amy Grant Featuring Moto Blanco) Radio Edit
5. Better Than A Hallelujah (Amy Grant Featuring Mark Picchiotti) Gospel Radio Edit
6. Love Will Find A Way (Amy Grant Featuring Ralphi Rosario) Big Room Radio Edit
7. Baby, Baby (Amy Grant Featuring Dave Aude) Radio Edit
8. Say Once More (Amy Grant Featuring Hex Hector) Radio Edit
9. Out In The Open (Amy Grant Featuring 7th Heaven) Radio Edit **Digital version bonus track
10. BONUS MIX: Stay For A While (Amy Grant Featuring Tony Moran) DESTINATION Mixshow Edit
11. BONUS MIX: Mega Mix (Amy Grant Featuring DJ Andy 7th Heaven)
In Motion: The Remixes follows the success of last year's How Mercy Looks From Here, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Christian chart, making it a record-setting 16th #1 album for Amy in the Christian genre. The album also shot up the Billboard Top 200 Chart, debuting at #12. As Amy's first new studio record in more than a decade, the album featured guests James Taylor, Carole King, Sheryl Crow, Eric Paslay, Will Hoge and Amy’s husband Vince Gill.